The Maastricht University (UM) in Holland is offering 24 full scholarships for graduate international students under their High Potential Scholarships scheme.
The opportunity is available for talented learners outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted into a graduate program at the university. To learn more about the admission process and benefits, read the details below.
Application deadline: February 1, 2022
Benefits of the UM High Potential Scholarships
The High Potential Scholarships include an annual award of €29,000, which covers a scholar’s tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend.
Furthermore, it shall also take in the following expenses: (€12,350 for 13 months; €23,750 for 25 months), health and liability insurance (€700), visa application fees (€192), tuition fees (€13,800, €16,000, or €16,800, depending on your study program’s tuition), and pre-academic training expenditures.
The scholarship is for the duration of the master’s program — 13 months for a one-year master’s program and 25 months for a two-year master’s program.
The UM Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship. Twenty-four high-achieving international students at any graduate field of study under Maastricht University shall be given the chance to vie for the award.
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2022-2023 academic year (available at the official website in October 2021)
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program, a primary education program, or secondary education program in the Netherlands. Students who completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not over 35 years of age on 1 September 2022.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2022/23 scholarship program applicants.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, you must first enroll in one of Maastricht University’s participating master’s programs (MA). You will obtain a student ID number after submitting your application via Studielink, which you will need to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. After that, you must complete the application form, upload the necessary papers, and submit your application online. The deadline for applications is February 1, 2022.
To access the application form and complete information on how to apply for this scholarship, please visit the official website.
| SEE ALSO: Top Universities in The Netherlands
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.