Great news! Mid Sweden University is offering tuition fee scholarships for applicants to the following programs, starting Autumn semester 2022:
- International Master’s Program in Ecotechnology and Sustainable Development
- Master’s Program in Embedded Sensor Systems
- International Master’s Program in Computer Engineering
- Master by Research in Informatics
- Master by Research in Biology
- Master by Research in Media and Communication Science
- Master by Research in Computer Engineering
- Master by Research in Electronics
- Master by Research in Engineering Physics
- Master in Tourism 60 credits
- Master in Tourism 120 credits
- Master Program in Business Administration, Marketing and Management
If you’re a high-performing student newly admitted into the said university, make sure to apply!
Application deadline: February 28, 2022
Table of contents
Benefits of the Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarships
Under the Mid Sweden University scholarships, 75% of the full tuition fee shall be covered. Meanwhile, the remaining 25% as well as travel costs, living costs, and other related expenses shall be shouldered by the scholar. It can also be covered by other means of funding.
The following scholarship principles apply for awarded Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarships:
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another study programme at Mid Sweden University or another university.
- The scholarship is valid for studies starting autumn semester 2022 and cannot be moved forward to a later semester.
- The Scholarship holder is obliged to confirm his or her citizenship by showing his/her passport to the International Relations Office at Mid Sweden University before taking up the studies.
- The scholarship holder is obliged to start their planned studies by the deadline set by Mid Sweden University. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- The scholarship holder must register for the courses at the beginning of each semester. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being withdrawn for the remaining part of the studies.
- The scholarship holder must successfully pass a minimum of 15 credits per semester. Failure to do so may result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- If the scholarship holder wrongly has stated that he or she met the conditions for the scholarship, by a misunderstanding or for another reason, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The Scholarship holder is obliged to inform Mid Sweden University if there is a change in the requirement to pay tuition fees. The scholarship will then be withdrawn from the date the student is no longer required to pay tuition fees.
Only a few students are granted scholarships every year. You should, therefore, start planning for ways to finance your tuition and stay in Sweden well in advance, in case you are not awarded a scholarship.
Citizens from countries outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland who are required to pay tuition fees and have applied to one of the above-listed programs through University Admissions before January 17, 2022 and have paid the application cost till February 1, 2022.
Furthermore, candidates are chosen based on their academic performance as well as their desire to learn. Your individual responses to the following essay questions are used to assess your study intent:
- What drew you to this program in the first place, and why did you choose Mid Sweden University? (Not the scholarship, but the study program!)
- What are the goals of the program in relation to your intentions for the future? What will you do with your new knowledge and abilities?
To be eligible for the tuition fee grant, applicants must be highly motivated and ready to start their studies at Mid Sweden University.
The supporting materials you supplied while applying to Mid Sweden University through University Admissions will be used to assess your academic performance. When applying for a job, you don’t have to send in the supporting documents again.
In the selection process, an even distribution of students according to gender and country of origin is taken into consideration.
How to Apply
Applications for the Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship will be accepted from February 10th until February 28th, 2022. Students who applied and paid the application fee before the deadline will receive an email with a link to the application form.
Then, you’ll be asked to justify your choice of study program and consider how it relates to your professional growth.
For further queries and concerns about the rest of the process, please visit the official scholarship website.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.