Are you into game and tech development? If you’re looking to broaden prospects within the tech community, you might want to consider applying for the Google Solution Challenge 2022!
The 2022 Solution Challenge is a contest with the mission of solving one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals using Google technology.
The Solution Challenge is open to members of Google Developer Student Clubs. Join a Google Developer Student Club (GDSC) on the GDSC community page.
Application deadline: March 31, 2022
Benefits of the Google Solution Challenge 2022
The top 50 teams to make it into the Google Solution Challenge roster shall win a T-shirt, certificate, and mentorship from Googlers and other experts.
Meanwhile, the top 10 finalists shall receive a $1,000 cash prize per team member, swag, certificate, mentorship from Google, and a feature in the Google Developers Blog and Demo Day livestream.
Lastly, the top 3 winners for the Google Solution Challenge shall earn a $3,000 cash prize per team member, swag, certificate, mentorship from Google, and a feature in the Google Developers Blog and Demo Day livestream.
Please note: Each solution is evaluated on a scale of 1 to 100.
IMPACT [60 points]
- Does the entry establish a clear challenge focused on one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals? Is it explained in a clear manner with specific Sustainable Development Goal targets they are looking to solve for? 
- How effectively does the solution address the challenge identified by the team? 
- Is there evidence of a next step? Does the team display a plan for future extension if they were to continue? 
- Is there evidence that the solution has been thoroughly tested with real users? 
- Is there evidence that the solution was iterated upon based on user feedback? 
TECHNOLOGY [40 points]
- Does the solution implement all the technical components needed to solve the challenge? 
- Has the team clearly explained what Google technology they used, why, and included guidance on how to run their code? 
- Does the video demonstration show the working solution and how a user will interact with the solution?
Does the demonstration highlight how Google’s technologies are implemented and also mention the value the technology provides the users? 
- Has the team made effective product and technical decisions for their solution? 
How to Apply
In order to start your application process, kindly visit the official scholarship page for introduction and sample challenges. Once you’re ready to submit your output, kindly use the following application portal.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.