Each year, approximately 37 students are named Lester B. Pearson scholars. If you’re looking for an opportunity to study in Canada for lesser costs, then you might consider applying for this scholarship. Continue reading below.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement, creativity, and natural leadership abilities.
A special emphasis is placed on the impact that the aspiring scholar has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Consequently, the funding opportunity is open for international students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
Application deadline: November 30, 2021
Table of contents
Benefits of the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years— which is the duration of a full undergraduate program offered at the University of Toronto.
Eligibility Criteria for International Students
In order to be qualified as a Lester B. Pearson scholar, international students must first meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- In addition, they should be currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021.
- Aspiring scholars must be starting their studies at the University of Toronto in September 2022 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2022 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
How to Apply for a Scholarship at the University of Toronto
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application for nomination rights available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once the University received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
The school nomination deadline is 30 November 2021. The student admissions deadline is 15 December 2021 (you are recommended to apply before 7 November 2021). The scholarship application deadline is 17 January 2022.
For further information, please visit the official scholarship website.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.