The IMSOGLO Master Program is a full master’s degree scholarship for applicants of all nationalities looking to study in Belgium.
Through the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, foreign students shall be given the chance to study two specialization options at Ghent University, namely:
- Soil Biogeochemistry and Global Change — organized by Ghent University, the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna and the University of Göttingen and leads to a joint MSc-diploma issued by these 3 universities.
- Physical Land Resources and Global Change — organized by Ghent University and Aarhus University, and leads to a joint MSc-diploma issued by these 2 universities.
Please note that the specializations are of 90 ECTS, to be chosen in advance (at application time) and to start after the 1st semester (30 ECTS).
The master’s degree program can be taken at one or two of the following universities:
- Ghent University
- Aarhus University
- University of Göttingen
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, known by its acronym BOKU
Application deadline: February 28, 2022
Table of contents
| ALSO READ: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
Benefits of the IMSOGLO Scholarships
Under the IMSOGLO master’s degree scholarships, the student is subject to the following benefits:
- €1,000 per month allowance as support for housing and general subsistence outside of the country of residence of the student (food & leisure)
- a travel allowance of up to €3,000 per year (can be lower depending of your residence)
- a one-time installation contribution of €1,000 for Partner Country Students
NOTE: Erasmus Mundus scholarship holders don’t pay the program participation cost since this is included in the scholarship.
- In order to enter the IMSOGLO program you need to have at least an academic bachelor degree (minimum 180 ECTS credits) in pure or applied sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology, geology, civil or agricultural engineering, environmental or agricultural sciences, etc.) or an equivalent level from a recognized university or engineering college.
- The obtained bachelor degree must contain at least 40 ECTS credits in natural sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, ecology, biology, geography, environmental sciences and agricultural sciences).
English Language Requirements
Accepted official language test certificates are as follows:
- TOEFL IBT (at least total score of 90 out of 120)
- Academic IELTS (overall band score of at least 6.5 with at least 6 for writing)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
NOTE: Other certificates such as TOEFL/IELTS predictive tests and TOEIC will not be accepted.
Language of Instruction certificate rules:
If you have obtained at least 60 ECTS credits with English as the language of instruction, you can provide a stamped and signed certificate of English proficiency issued by your home university. Only if you have obtained your degree in the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Australian Territories, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada, Cook Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Great Britain, Guernsey, Guyana, Hongkong, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Salomon Islands, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines, South-Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United States of America, United Kingdom Overseas Territories, US Territories, Vanuatu, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
A Language of Instruction certificate will not be accepted if you have obtained your degree in another country than the countries mentioned above.
The IMSOGLO Scholarship Selection Group, with representatives of all partner universities, ranks all applications based on previous achievements, motivation, and references. Scholarship nominees will be notified by 1 April 2022.
The scholarship program shall accept program country students (all EU countries + Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey, UK) as well as partner country students: (other nationalities) for the said opportunity.
How to Apply for a Master’s Degree in Belgium
A complete application file (bachelor diploma, transcript of records (translated by a sworn translator to Dutch, French, German, or English), and English language certificate) by the deadline is absolutely required if you apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
For full instructions as to the application process, please read the IMSOGLO manual carefully.
Once you have carefully considered the instructions and succeeding requirements for application, you may proceed to cast your online application through the IMSOGLO online application portal.
In the application portal, you will need to upload a pdf of your passport, CV, bachelor diploma (or certificate of enrolment), transcript of records, English language certificate, motivation letter, and 2 reference letters.
After your application, you will receive further instructions via e-mail.
In the meantime, prepare your legalized documents (diploma, transcript of records) as needed.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.