The Global Landscapes Forum, in partnership with the Youth in Landscapes Initiative, is launching the first-ever Young African Landscape Leadership this year. Under this opportunity, African students and young professionals alike will be given the chance to join an eight-month annual program filled with networking meetings, regional dialogues, workshops, and much more.
Application deadline: March 31, 2022
Table of contents
Benefits of the Young African Landscape Leadership Program
Outlined below are the benefits one can gain through joining this pioneer conference:
- Make friends with other amazing young African leaders during the Young African Landscape Leadership Forum networking meetings in May, October and December.
- Join regional dialogues, which are two-hour sessions to be held in July and in August, designed by regional youth to discuss important topics for regional youth ahead of the UN COP27 climate summit in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt in November 2022.
- Attend the Landscape Leadership Workshop. Details on the date, agenda and format (in-person, or digital or hybrid) will be released later in the year.
- Receive regular emails with regional job vacancies.
- Receive regular updates and reminders about Africa-based GLF activities (e.g. interviews with experts, Landscape News articles, Landscape TV episodes).
- Get a free ticket to all digital GLF events of the year and participate actively at GLF Africa 2022.
- Receive a participation certificate and a voucher for the Landscape Leadership massive online open course (MOOC) after attending 80% of engagements.
The program is open to all African countries. Prior to joining the leadership program, however, one should first take note and meet the following requirements:
The program is for any African student or young professional (including African residents, people born in Africa, and the African diaspora) between the ages of 18 and 35 who:
- Has a strong interest in Africa’s landscapes and seascapes;
- And is currently enrolled in or recently graduated from university with a degree related to environmental sciences, landscape conservation and restoration, sustainable development, or other relevant fields, or has a strong passion for sustainability;
- And is willing and available to regularly attend scheduled activities.
How to Apply
In order to start your application process, please send the following:
- Your updated CV/ resume uploaded to Google Drive;
- A one-minute video answering the following question: “In your opinion, what is the role of young Africans in supporting equitable and sustainable landscapes?”.
Apply here or else, visit the official scholarship website to learn more about the opportunity.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.
Be a part of our growing community!
JOIN: Scholarships for Africans Facebook group
LIKE: African Scholar Initiative Facebook page
FOLLOW: Scholarships for Africans Instagram page
One thought on “Young African Landscape Leadership Program”
[…] Source link […]