The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is offering 60 scholarships for African techies and entrepreneurs looking for further training or professional experience.
Final interviews shall happen in May 2022 at Accra, Lagos, Dakkar, Nairobi, and Johannesburg. Meanwhile, the official training program will commence by August 2022.
Application deadline: April 20, 2022
Benefits of the MEST Africa Training Program
MEST offers a full scholarship to a 12-month graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
This campaign falls in line with MEST’s plan to create a pan-African network which will pool the collective talents of entrepreneurs and techies alike. The campaign will also seek to increase the number of entrepreneurs by empowering young Africans while increasing investment eligibility throughout Africa.
The MEST Training Program is fully-sponsored and requires no financial payments. This is a full-time program that shall be taken online, which means that participants are required to be available to attend all classes and sessions.
Eligibility Criteria for African Entrepreneurs
In order to qualify for the MEST Africa Training Program, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage)
- Young persons crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Confident and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
How to Apply
If you’re interested in pursuing this opportunity, please take note of this quick run-down of application events:
- Complete Pre-learning courses
- Take an aptitude test
- Fill and submit the MEST Training Program application form
- Interviews with our recruitment team
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.