In the Autumn semester of 2022, the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship program that replaces the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS), will grant scholarships to a wide range of master’s programs at Swedish universities.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to train future global leaders who will contribute to the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as well as good and sustainable development in their home nations and regions.
Application deadline: January 17 / February 28, 2022
Table of contents
Benefits of the Swedish Institute Scholarships
An estimated 350 scholarships will be made available in 2022. Furthermore, the scholarship covers full tuition fees, living expenses of SEK 10,000 per month, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 10,000-15,000 (only for scholarship holders living outside Sweden).
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs and is only awarded for programs starting in the autumn semester.
There are no additional grants for family members. It also doesn’t cover the application fee to university admissions.
Students from the following 42 countries:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Turkey; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Eligibility Criteria for Global Professionals
In order to qualify for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals, interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
• You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships (see above).
• You must have had at least 3,000 hours of work experience prior to 10 February 2022 from a maximum of three organizations/companies.
• You must apply for a Master’s program eligible for SI scholarships (see above). The university gives priority to programs within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
• You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
• You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by the 7 of April 2022.
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more. Read the complete eligibility criteria on the official website.
How to Apply
- To begin with, apply for a master’s program at universityadmissions.se, by 17 January 2022. Once you have submitted your application for master’s program(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
- After you have completed your application to a master’s program, you can apply for an SI scholarship. You must submit the required documents digitally through the online application portal from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2022 14:59 CET.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.