Julius Berger Nigeria PLC is known as the leading construction company in Nigeria. As part of its mission to offer flexible opportunities that extend beyond its company, the group has opened its doors towards sponsoring fully-funded internships abroad. In turn, Africans interested in wood technology and furniture interior design are eligible to apply for the said internship.
If you’re an innate designer, then this might be your chance to showcase your talents to a wider audience, under the guidance of a renowned, solid company!
Table of contents
Benefits of the Julius Berger Nigeria Internship
Julius Berger Nigeria Plc is one of Nigeria’s top private employers, employing over 10,000 people, and has a solid reputation as a partner. Julius Berger International GmbH, situated in Wiesbaden, is its parent business. In the sectors of building construction, infrastructure, and industry, Nigeria’s core strengths cover all project phases from design to construction to operation and maintenance of structures.
Under the Julius Berger Nigeria PLC internships, Nigerians will be given the following benefits:
- Free accommodation
- Fully-paid flight costs, on top of visa and vaccination costs for successful applicants
- Opportunities in Nigeria under the construction company
- Extensive training
- Exciting projects with corresponding tasks in an international team
AFP Furniture Production with 350 employees is a subsidiary of Julius Berger Nigeria Plc and one of the leading manufacturers in the furniture and interior design sector. Projects for private customers, state institutions as well as in-house interior fittings are implemented across the country.
| SEE ALSO: Top 25 Highest-Paying Jobs in Nigeria
Eligibility Criteria for Nigerians
Prior to applying for this opportunity, please consider if you fit the following eligibility criteria set by the company:
- You are in at least the 4th semester of a Bachelor of Engineering course and have a current certificate of study.
- You have good German and English skills.
- You are interested in working in a multicultural international project team and you like to show initiative.
- Good communication is important to you and you enjoy working in a team.
- You already have knowledge of MS Office and ideally CAD CAM.
- The period of use of 5-6 months is no problem for you (please specify the desired period).
In addition, the following tasks and responsibilities shall be expected from successful applicants:
- You will help to optimize the planning of the material and production flow.
- You will support the implementation of measures to improve quality, productivity and reduce scrap.
- You will also accompany coordination processes between design, production, purchasing and logistics.
- You will also get to know working in an international context intensively in the 5-6 months.
How to Apply for a Wood Technology and Furniture Interior Design Scholarship
To jumpstart your application process, please proceed to the Julius Berger Nigeria online portal. In turn, the company shall take a maximum of three weeks to get back to you with the results of your application. For further questions, please contact Samira Azgua (Human Resources) with the following number: + 49 611 1390 3664.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.