The United Nations (UN) World Food Program’s (WFP) Innovation Accelerator Program identifies, supports, and scales creative new solutions to end global hunger and meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
WFP is introducing the Digital Health Innovation Accelerator Program, which is powered by WFP Innovation Accelerator, as well as the digilab, which is directed by the BMZ, KfW, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the GIZ.
In search of scalable digital solutions for the manufacture of global commodities, the United Nations WFP utilizes open standards and methodologies, with a focus on creating and sustaining pandemic preparedness skills in low- and middle-income countries.
As the COVID-19 vaccination campaign continues around the world, we want to use these digital technologies to help speed the campaign’s impact and the rehabilitation of communities and health systems in low- and middle-income nations.
Through this program, innovators, business start-ups, and solution providers are entitled to financial, technical, and methodological support. The World Food Program Innovation Accelerator has partnered with the international cream of the crop in order to launch its COVID-19 vaccination initiatives.
Application deadline: November 21, 2021
Table of contents
Benefits of the UN WFP Digital Innovation Accelerator Program
Under the United Nations World Food Program Digital Innovation Accelerator, successful applicants are entitled to the following perks:
- Funding and consideration for the WFP Sprint Program – a six-month long acceleration program which gives innovators the opportunity to access up to $250,000 in equity-free funding, as well as mentorship and access to an international network of partners in the public health space.
- The possibility of mature start-ups being considered for further funding and support.
- An invitation to the virtual WFP Innovation Bootcamp in January 2022.
In order to be qualified for the said opportunity, interested applicants must first meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicants’ organization must be an established legal entity (for profit, non-profit, or social enterprise).
- The proposed solution should follow open standards, open-source or open data approaches towards creating global goods.
- The developed or implemented solution should use data and information exchange mechanisms based on global standards.
- The applicant organization must have a presence in the country of implementation.
- The proposed innovation should address one or more of the priority topics related to building pandemic preparedness in low- and middle income-countries. The innovation should have a demonstrated proof-of-concept with initial traction and a clear path to scale.
How to Apply for the United Nations World Food Program
To start the application process, please out the data required in UN WFP’s online application form. For more information about the opportunity, please visit the official website of the Digital Health Innovation Accelerator Program.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.
Be a part of our growing community!
JOIN: Scholarships for Africans Facebook group
LIKE: African Scholar Initiative Facebook page
FOLLOW: Scholarships for Africans Instagram page
One thought on “United Nations World Food Program Digital Innovation Accelerator Program”
[…] Source link […]