Are you searching for further work experience and mentorship opportunities in finance? The Central Bank of Kenya might just have a spot for you.
The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) is offering a six-month internship program for graduate Kenyans in the field of finance and economics.
With the aim of developing young talents in the Kenyan banking and financial sectors, CBK’s internship program is presenting opportunities in the following functions:
- Research and Economics
- Strategic Management
- Legal Services
Application deadline: September 23, 2021
Table of contents
Benefits of the CBK Internship Program
In line with the Central Bank’s mandate of maintaining stability and fostering a stable financial system, it launched the CBK Internship Program.
The opportunity seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to central and commercial banking operations. After the planned six months’ internship program, the candidates will be ready to be absorbed in the job market.
Furthermore, the internship program for Kenyans will also provide an opportunity to gain on-the-job experience, expand knowledge, refine career goals and build professional networks, mentors, and contacts.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The Central Bank of Kenya WILL NOT offer guaranteed employment after completion of the program. However, applicants who successfully complete the program are allowed to apply for any positions the Bank advertises.
Eligibility Criteria for Kenyans
In order to be qualified for the opportunity, interested applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- a) A first degree from a recognized university in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Micro-Finance, Management or Social Sciences, Law, or related discipline or a Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- b) Be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 29 years of age;
- c) Must have graduated within the last 24 months from the closing date of the advertisement and/or awaiting graduation;
- d) Provide a recommendation/reference letter from the university attended; and
- e) Should not have undertaken any other Internship program or exposed to work experience related to their area of study since graduating.
Moreover, aspiring interns must also possess the following personal attributes:
- a) Should possess interpersonal and communication skills;
- b) Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-motivated;
- c) Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems;
- d) A person of integrity;
- e) Must be computer proficient.
How to Apply at the Central Bank of Kenya
The Central Bank of Kenya is only accepting online applications. If you want to pursue the opportunity, submit your application here, and attach a duly completed program application form, copies of academic certificates, transcripts/documents, and a recommendation/reference letter from your learning institution.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the hiring process.
For further questions and clarifications, please visit the official CBK website.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.