South China Normal University (SCNU) welcomes applicants for the Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
Established and funded by the Guangdong Provincial Government the grant aims to support the undergraduate and graduate studies of international students at the universities of Guangdong Province. As one of the key comprehensive universities, SCNU undertakes the enrolment of international students under this government scholarship.
Benefits of the International Student Scholarships
Chosen scholars shall be provided a one-off payment subsidy of the following respective amounts:
- CNY ¥ 30,000 per doctoral scholar
- CNY ¥ 20, 000 per master’s scholar
- CNY ¥ 10,000 per bachelor’s scholar
Scholars will be given priority consideration if they graduate from world-renowned universities, sister universities or are recommended by senior professors or experts.
Furthermore, admission will be decided on the basis of the applicants’ application documents, academic performance, overall merits, research achievements, and supervisors’ comments.
Type: Undergraduate and Graduate
Application deadline: July 15, 2021
Eligibility for the Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarships at SCNU
To qualify for the Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarships, applicants must be:
- Non-Chinese citizens in good health
- Applying for an undergraduate or graduate study
- Rated excellent in their previous study and select appropriate disciplines in accordance with his/her interest and academic background
- Self-funded students who have not been awarded any other scholarship
Please note: Applicants will still be required to pay all the tuition and fees since the covered scholarship will be received as a one-off payment toward the scholar’s account. This can, in turn, be used to offset tuition and other academic fees.
Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarships Requirements
These are the required application documents that an aspiring scholar must submit. Also, make sure that the documents are bound on the top left corner in the exact order that it appears on this list below:
- Application Form for Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship Program (in Chinese or English).
- SCNU application form printed out from the admission website.
- Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma recipients must submit Hope Certificate issued by their current school to prove their current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Transcripts in accordance with the diploma in item (3).
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal written in Chinese or English. This should be a minimum of 200 words for the undergraduate program applicants and 800 words for postgraduate program applicants.
- Letters of Recommendation in Chinese or English from two faculty members from the institution where you got your education diploma of the highest level. (For undergraduate programs, your high school principal must write one letter of recommendation. For graduate programs, recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.)
- Applicants for music studies should submit a CD of their own works. Applicants of international student scholarships for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings, and two other works.
- A copy of a valid HSK5 certificate for those who apply for courses instructed in Chinese except for the Chinese Language Undergraduate Course.
- A photocopy of an available passport.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form. (This form is only valid for 6 months).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants are only eligible for scholarship assessment once they have been successfully admitted into the SCNU. So before applying for the scholarship, prioritize registering at the South China Normal University website.
Once admitted, you may download the scholarship application form, printed out and signed.
After that, you may process sending over your required physical documents to the SCNU admission offices via post. Their address is as follows:
Room A104, School of International Culture, South China Normal University, No.55 Zhongshan Avenue West, Guangzhou, P. R. China, Post Code : 510631
Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
Last, you will receive an email requesting you to pay an application fee of CNY ¥ 420 to the account of South China Normal University.
Scholarship results will be published on SCNU website and the official website of the Department of Education of Guangdong Province presumably in December. Afterward, grants are given out.
For more questions and clarifications, you may visit SCNU’s official website to view the full scholarship details.
Interested to study in other Asian countries? ALSO SEE: Japan African Dream Scholarship Program