The European Research Council (ERC) was created to support investigator-driven frontier research across all fields. Through its starting grants at the University of Melbourne in Australia, international students are given the right amount of aid for financial education as they start building towards a new future. Up to $4,000,000 in awards shall be given away.
Read more about the opportunity below.
Application deadline: January 13, 2022
Table of contents
Benefits of the ERC Starting Grants at the University of Melbourne
Starting Grants may be awarded up to €1.5 million for a period of 5 years (pro-rata for projects of shorter duration). However, an additional €1 million can be made available to cover eligible start-up costs for researchers moving from a third country to the EU or an associated country and/or the purchase of major equipment and/or access to large facilities and/or other major experimental and fieldwork costs.
Eligibility Criteria for International Students
You need to:
- Have 2 – 7 years of experience since the completion of a PhD
- Present a project which is conducted in a public or private research organization. This could be where the applicant already works, or any other host organization located in one of the EU Member States or Associated Countries
- Researchers from anywhere in the world can apply for ERC grants provided the research they undertake will be carried out in an EU Member State or Associated Country.
Peer reviewers are in charge of assessing and scoring the proposals. Those who pass the quality threshold are ranked. Depending on the call budget available, a budgetary cut-off applies to the ranking list and only the highest-ranked proposals are offered an ERC grant until the call’s budget has been used.
Please see the European Research Council website for further details.
How to Apply for Study in Australia
Before you apply:
- Find out which ERC grant and which call is suitable for you
- Identify the host institution and team members you would like to work with (see the online research partner search services)
- For enquiries contact the Research Enquiry Service and Participant Validation.
Applications for the European Research Council’s “Starting grants” can be made in any field of research. Further information is available at the European Research Council website.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.