The Volvo Environment Prize is an annual contest in environmental and sustainability studies or initiatives that will offer a $150,000 award, among other benefits.
Application deadline: January 10, 2022
Table of contents
Volvo Environment Prize details
The yearly international prize also includes a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture, and a cash award of $150,000. Volvo Environment Prize’s consequent awarding ceremony is held in Stockholm, Sweden every November.
Instituted in 1988, the Volvo Environment Prize Foundation is an independent organization committed to rewarding excellent scientific discoveries or innovations in the field of environment.
Furthermore, the International Prize Jury, comprised of globally-renowned scientists, will be choosing a laureate (or laureates) for recommendation to the foundation’s board. Meanwhile, a steering committee is responsible for the continuous development of the prize as well as financing and executive decisions.
Lastly, a scientific committee is responsible for the primary screening and evaluation of aspiring recipients.
Eligibility for Contest in Environmental and Sustainability Studies
In order to be qualified for a spot in the esteemed award for environmental and sustainability studies, candidates must have research based on scientific grounds and has relevance to the environment.
There are no restrictions in the span of disciplines, activities, or the nationalities of interested participants. However, the candidates’ research must clearly show the environmental impacts outside of their specific discipline.
How to Apply
Interested individuals must secure the following requirements for application:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behavior.
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at www.environment-prize.com. When not feasible, please contact the secretariat [email protected]
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: A nomination will be valid for three years. On the other hand, self-nominations are not accepted.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.