Each year, The Faculty for the Future Fellowships awards women from developing economies who are preparing for PhD or postdoctoral study the chance to study at top universities for their disciplines abroad. Read on to know if your subject area qualifies for the opportunity.
The Schlumberger Foundation’s Faculty of the Future opens PhD and postdoctoral fellowships for women in developing countries in areas of physical sciences and other related disciplines.
Application deadline: November 5, 2021
Table of contents
Benefits of the Schlumberger Foundation Fellowship
Women beneficiaries will be awarded based on actual costs of studying and living, depending on their chosen locations.
As a benchmark, the Schlumberger Foundation shall allot $50,000 for PhD recipients and $40,000 for postdoctoral fellows.
Grants may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation, and recommendations from supervisors.
Eligibility Criteria for Women from Developing Countries
Women from developing countries hoping to land a PhD or postdoctoral fellowship must first meet the following requirements before being qualified to apply for the opportunity:
- Be a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy;
- Wish to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related disciplines;
- Have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university/research institute abroad;
- Wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies;
- Be very committed to teaching and demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences;
- Hold an excellent academic record.
How to Apply for a PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowship
Interested parties may apply through the Schlumberger Foundation’s Faculty of the Future website. PLEASE USE FIREFOX or CHROME browsers to access this website.
If you are a New Applicant and believe you meet all the eligibility criteria, please register here for an account. On the other hand, if you are a Renewal Applicant, please enter your login details instead.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.