The Dalai Lama Fellows Program 2022 is now accepting applications. The Dalai Lama Fellows program provides emerging social innovators with a rigorous, interdisciplinary, and deeply contemplative program that reimagines leadership as involving self-awareness, personal sustainability, genuine compassion for others, and the ability to navigate complex systems at multiple levels.
Fellows study methods for developing emotional intelligence, self-care, resilience, empathy, deep listening, and communication skills in order to cultivate systems for human and planetary flourishing for future generations. Each Fellow executes an original field project addressing a local concern over the course of a year, with the help of mentors and coaches, and learns how to interweave their personal change with the transformation of the communities with whom they are engaged. Fellows join a network of LifeLong Fellows after graduation, with whom they engage in mutually beneficial ways while continuing their education.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2022
Benefits of Dalai Lama Fellows Program
Fellows will learn practices for cultivating emotional intelligence, self-care, resilience, empathy, deep listening, and communication skills in order to foster systems for human and planetary flourishing for generations to come.
Over the course of a year, with the support of mentors and coaches, each fellow will implement an original field project addressing a local challenge
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, through the application a candidate must demonstrate:
- Age requirements: 20-36 years old as of Feb 1, 2022 (we added a year of eligibility because we did not select Fellows in 2021; please do not inquire about exceptions to the age range, as this is a firm requirement)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Current engagement with or well-articulated plans for a social change project and sustained engagement with the project throughout the fellowship year (NOTE: due to the difficulty of launching a social innovation project from scratch, we give preference to applicants who have ongoing projects, but each year we have selected Fellows who have a concrete vision for a project and plans to launch during the fellowship year, given they have the adequate expertise, resources, and community connections at the time of applying)
- In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community
- Interest in learning and engaging in contemplative practices throughout the year
- Commitment to participating in all dimensions of the program (online learning platform, 1-on-1 coaching calls, group learning calls, etc.)
- We estimate full participation in the fellowship requires about 12 hours per month, not including Fellows’ work on their projects
- Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly in late July 2022 (DLF will cover all costs for travel, lodging, and meals for the Assembly)
How to Apply
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows comprises five main parts:
- Applicant background and overview
- Short essay questions
- Video submission
- Letter of Recommendation
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.