The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) shall grant master’s degree scholarships for international students. Under the scheme, recipients shall receive free tuition for any graduate degree program offered within the institution.
Is NTNU the school you’ve been waiting for?
Application deadline: December 1, 2021
Table of contents
Benefits of the NTNU Master’s Degree Scholarships
Suitably qualified and outstanding international students are eligible to receive the Norwegian University of Science and Technology master’s degree scholarships. All viable programs have a duration of two years, of which NTNU will charge no tuition fees for scholars. Moreover, the program’s subjects shall be taught in English.
Eligibility Criteria for International Students
Prior to applying for an NTNU master’s scholarship, please make sure to tick off the following requirements:
- A first degree (a bachelor’s degree) in a relevant field
- To be admitted to the program of study, applicants must have a relevant bachelor’s degree with a grade point average of at least C.
- See the study program of your choice for specific academic requirements
- The first degree must have been completed by the start of the semester at NTNU in August
- English proficiency
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programs is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
- NTNU converts GPAs for education from other countries than Norway, and applicants are ranked based on this assessment. We do not have the capacity to assess your grade average before you apply, and requests to do so will not be obliged.
Transcripts of bachelor’s/undergraduate diplomas:
- Applicants with degrees from Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Nigeria, the Philippines, Sudan, Uganda and the USA must send their bachelor’s transcripts as hard copies directly from the relevant college/university, in addition to uploading them online.
To send hard copies to NTNU, please use the following address:
“Your application number”
International Master’s Programmes
O. S. Bragstads plass 3
Students who are admitted must bring all the original documents with them to NTNU. Students failing to present all relevant original documents upon request may be denied admission or later told to leave the university.
How to Apply
To start your application process, please go to the NTNU application portal and fill in the necessary data required. If you want a detailed step-by-step procedure, please consider the following tips:
- Go to the application portal Søknadsweb.
- Select language in the top right-hand corner where it says “Norsk bokmål”.
- Click on “International Applicant”.
- Click on “Register new international applicant”.
- Answer the question regarding your English qualifications.
- Answer the question regarding residence permit in Norway.
- Answer the question concerning funding.
- You have now reached the application form. Please register as an applicant, and you will receive your password by e-mail.
- Log on to Søknadsweb with your e-mail address and password, and fill in the application details.
- If you are applying to one of NTNUs scholarship programs, please state this in the “other information” box.
- As the final step of the application process, you will be asked to submit the required documentation. Upload all the required documents and make sure they have the correct format (.pdf).
- Please note that there is no “submit”-button.
- You can change your application as many times as you like up until the deadline.
For further information, please head over to the NTNU website.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.