The Acumen Regional Fellows Program offers fully-funded leadership opportunities for West Africans. It is a one-year leadership development program designed to build the next generation of social leaders.
Acumen Regional Fellows Leadership Program Details
Over the course of a year, fellows remain in their jobs while taking part in five week-long seminars. Through the program, West Africans with leadership qualities will receive the tools, training, and space to innovate new ideas, accelerate their impact, build a strong network of social leaders from across their region and around the world.
The program equips extraordinary individuals from across East and West Africa with the knowledge, support system, and practical wisdom to unlock their full potential and drive positive change in society.
Eligibility of Interested West Africans
Qualified fellows for the fully-funded leadership program can come from diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector, and they must be committed to ending poverty in their community through their work.
In order to be considered for the opportunity, West Africans must meet the following criteria:
- The individuals must be innovators who either started an organization or enterprise, or who are driving change within an existing organization or company.
- Eligible applicants can be men and women of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English.
- Another important thing to consider is that the applicants must be West Africans who demonstrate a commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- They should also be leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination.
- Lastly, the candidates must show that they’re committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey.
How to Apply for the Fully-Funded Program
The application process is broken down into four steps, as summarized below:
- Interested candidates must submit an online application.
- Qualified participants will be receiving online assignments in August.
- Next, they will be tasked to attend the selection conference sometime in November.
- Finally, fellows will be chosen in early December and shall consequently be announced in January of next year.
For more information and questions about the opportunity, you may visit the official Acumen website.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.