As an organization, the American Concrete Institute (ACI) ACI offers numerous certifications, training programs, workbooks, free online learning presentations, and technical resources specifically designed to aid students in reaching their full potential. From here, the ACI Foundation came to life.
The ACI Foundation currently serves the industry by establishing and distributing international scholarships and fellowships in US and Canada universities. High potential students in concrete-related graduate and undergraduate degree programs are targeted for this scheme.
Application deadline: November 2, 2021
Table of contents
About the ACI Foundation
The ACI Foundation offers several international scholarships and fellowship opportunities for students and e-members in the fields of structural design, materials, and construction.
Awards are given annually to help students with an interest in concrete achieve their educational and career goals.
Prior to applying for the opportunity, however, the student must be considered a full-time undergraduate or graduate student as defined by the college or university during the award year.
Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the world but study must take place in the United States or Canada during the award year.
Each student is limited for the duration of their studies to receiving no more than one fellowship and one scholarship from the ACI Foundation.
A single online application form will be used for all the fellowships and scholarships. After answering some qualifying questions, the form will automatically display the fellowships and scholarships for which you may be eligible.
Before beginning the application, have the answers ready for these questions:
- Have you ever received a fellowship or scholarship award from the ACI Foundation?
- When submitting the application, what is your current academic status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- When the award cycle begins in Fall 2022, what will your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- (Fellowship applicants only) If chosen as a finalist, can you attend an interview in person at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 27, 2022? Travel, registration, and hotel arrangements will be made through and paid for by the ACI Foundation. All travel will be contingent upon country and state restrictions at that time. If in-person interviews can not occur, the process will be virtual.
- (Fellowships with Mandatory Internships) Can you fulfill a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2022?
To be eligible for an award, you must be a full-time student for the entire award/school term (fall semester 2022 through spring semester 2023).
Based on essays, submitted data, and endorsements, the Scholarship Council of the ACI Foundation will select scholarship and fellowship recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the concrete industry.
How to Apply for Study in the USA and Canada
In order to start the application process, please log in or create an account via ACI Foundation’s Fellowships and Scholarships Application Platform.
Before applying, please make sure to read the application instructions and requirements thoroughly.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo. Be a part of our growing community!
JOIN:Scholarships for Africans Facebook group
LIKE:African Scholar Initiative Facebook page