The Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA) is commencing the 7th edition of the Science by Women Program – a fully-funded opportunity for African women researchers.
With the primary goal of supporting African women in research, FMxA has established the program to fortify scientific discovery in the following African fields: health and biomedicine, sustainable agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
Table of contents
Science by Women Program Details
A living allowance of Є2,400 gross per month to cover accommodation, personal expense, as well as health and occupational accident insurance coverage is allotted for recipients of this fully-funded opportunity.
In addition, a return flight from the participant’s center of origin to their host institution will be paid for.
Through the Women for Africa Foundation’s Science by Women Program, gender disparities in science and technology will be bridged. Eventually, the organization hopes that these efforts will help balance progress and sustainable development in African countries as well as the field of science.
Furthermore, the program’s ultimate objective is to enable African women researchers to play a leading role in the shift of Africa to a knowledge-based and innovation-led economy through research that can be transferred into products, processes, services, and technologies having impact on people’s lives.
About Women for Africa Foundation
The Women of Africa Foundation is a private Spanish non-profit entity established to promote equal rights and opportunities for women researchers.
Among the foundation’s pillars are democracy, governance, peace, human rights, and sustainable economic and social development.
Moreover, Women for Africa seeks to give continuity to the work of the “Women for a Better World” meetings and to unify social models that honor women’s lives and allow the sustainable development of the African continent.
The Science by Women Program fully-funded opportunity is just one of many flagships initiated through the foundation.
Eligibility of African Women Researchers
To be qualified for a spot at the Science by Women Program, the applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- First and foremost, the researcher must be a woman.
- Next, she should also come from an African country.
- The African women researchers must have a PhD with at least three years of post-doctoral professional experience.
- Interested applicants should also have a contractual relationship with a university or a non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated.
- In terms of skill and practice, the participant must have proven experience leading a research group.
- The researchers must also have excellent command of the English language.
- Lastly, an outstanding academic record and proven track of relevant research experience is required by the award-giving body.
How to Apply for the Fully-Funded Opportunity in FMxA
Necessary documents to include for the fully-funded opportunity include:
- Letter of Interest
- Full curriculum vitae
- Fully-filled form
- Passport or NID
- PhD Diploma
- Research proposal in 2 pages or less
After interested African women researchers have checked the eligibility criteria and requirements, they may start their application process once they’ve ascertained that they are qualified to do so.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.