Tomorrow’s Leaders (TL) supports academically qualified, financially disadvantaged high school graduates in the Middle East and North Africa by providing a four-year academic matriculation, civic education, and leadership development through American accredited institutions in the region.
Application deadline: December 6, 2021
Table of contents
Benefits of the MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program
- The Tomorrow’s Leaders program covers university tuition and fees, a study abroad experience in the U.S., insurance, housing, and monthly allowance. Students requiring English preparatory work may be enrolled in one to two semesters of college preparatory English classes before entering degree programs.
- In addition to receiving undergraduate education, students will benefit from mentoring, career development, internship, and micro-grant opportunities with local civil society, business, and non-governmental organizations and networks. Facilitated by each host institution, students participate in initiatives throughout their academic program that go beyond the traditional classroom to foster leadership development and encourage civic engagement.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders program is open to high school graduates in the Middle East and North Africa, who are qualified but unable to afford a college education. Students enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program. For the Fall 2019 enrollment class, applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Syria, and Yemen, and cannot hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior or recent high school graduate at the time of application;
- Demonstrate strong leadership potential;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrate strong academic performance;
- Ability to start the program in August/September 2022.
How to Apply
In order to start your application process, please visit the official scholarship website for further information.
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.