Type: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Application deadline: July 19, 2021
Partner organization: Islamic Development Bank
Early-career female researchers from 21 least developed member countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are entitled to a new postdoctoral fellowship offered by IsDB in partnership with The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS).
The fellowship, which has a duration period of 3-6 months, will support one awardee with research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. In addition, it will provide the recipient with high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science in the following fields:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
The list of eligible applicant countries are as follows: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina, Faso, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, and Yemen.
Once chosen, the fellowship candidate will be tasked to select a host center from the list of tenable developing countries based on her particular area of research. The said center should have a well-established track record and competency in their field of expertise. Moreover, the aptness of the candidate’s proposal shall be determined by TWAS.
The IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Skills Building in Sustainability Science for Women will offer a monthly allowance for the awardee based on the selected host country’s cost of living. This will cover accommodation, food, and health insurance.
In terms of travel expenses, the fellowship has allotted a round-trip air ticket of up to $1,000. Other incurred costs such as local transportation and airport transfers will be shouldered by the recipient.
Furthermore, the program will cover up to $2,565 in contribution for laboratory expenses for the awardee’s research.
During the period of their fellowship, the awarded female scholar must not take up other related assignments. She should also be prepared to present a research plan agreed upon by their host supervisor.
On another note, the awardee should also be financially responsible in the event that there are accompanying family members. Self-sufficiency in terms of visa application, health insurance, and housing in the host country is expected.
Applicants for the IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships is exclusive for women up to 45 years of age only and meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
- Host Institute must be in a developing country from the list
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
- Be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided
- Be employed at an institution in her home country
- Applications must be submitted only online via this Online Application Form link. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
- Please ensure that your applications are duly accomplished since incomplete applications will not be considered. For more information, review the Application Guidelines before finalizing your submission.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline, so it is best to submit your electronic application as early as possible.
For further details and inquiries, refer to the IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for Women Award webpage or write to [email protected].
One thought on “IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021 for Women in Least Developed Countries | Deadline: July 19, 2021”
[…] | Looking for other opportunities for African women? CHECK OUT: IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021 for Women in Least Developed Countries […]