The TED Fellows Program is an annual fellowship for international leaders, thinkers, and multidisciplinary individuals who have “ideas worth spreading.” This year, the fellowship conference shall be held in Vancouver, Canada. Applications for the said program provide more opportunities for Africans interested in innovation and culture.
Furthermore, the window for applying will only be open until June 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm UTC.
What is the TED Fellows Program in Canada?
The TED Fellows Program is an initiative under the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) Conference. It provides transformational support to a global community of over 500 remarkable individuals. Overall, these international thought leaders are collaborating across disciplines to spark future-shaping change around the world.
Slated for April 7-15, 2020, the TED Fellows Program is one of the most competitive and highly selective fellowship programs in the world. We choose TED Fellows based on their remarkable achievements, their interest in contributing to a growing community, their kindness and their innovative approach to studying and solving the world’s toughest problems.
Every year, TED selects a new unit of TED Fellows to join the program. Applications are accepted during an open application cycle each summer. Through a rigorous selection process, TED narrows down the thousands of applications to a final cohort.
Moreover, the program offers them TED’s power to help articulate and amplify their vision. TED supports TED Fellows with public speaking and media training, professional coaching, educational programming, and connect them to a global network of peers and industry leaders.
TED will cover the costs of transportation to and from the TED conference, any visa you may need, accommodations and food while at the conference and conference registration.
What Benefits Are Included in the Said Program?
- First and foremost, the qualified applicants will receive professional development through virtual workshops and webinars.
- The aspiring fellows will gain valuable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to hone, express, and communicate their work and ideas.
- Next, the successful applicant will give a TED Talk (at a virtual or live event, depending on the state of the global pandemic).
- Fellows will also receive career coaching and mentorship from TED’s team of professional coaches.
- They will get public relations guidance and media training.
- Accepted applicants shall also participate in virtual programming for TED Fellows.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to a thriving and connected global community.
- Lastly, they will get a possible invitation to attend the special TEDMonterey conference in Monterey, California.
Which International Leaders Are Eligible To Apply?
The TED Fellows Program is open to all international leaders. Subsequently, there is no formal eligibility requirement for interested parties. However, one needs to be over the age of 18 and is at work on a future-shaping idea.
In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are also important traits that TED considers. Please note that the TED Fellows program in Canada is not an academic fellowship and non-traditional educations are welcome.
Doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, educators, scientists, entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, and human rights activists are all encouraged to take part in this annual opportunities for Africans and international leaders.
How to Apply For The Opportunity?
Before submitting an application, make sure you visit the official TED Fellows Program application webpage for the full details and instructions.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.