The SAP Africa Training and Development Institute provides the Young Professionals Program as a free initiative. The three-month program is intended to equip new graduates with the credentials and soft skills necessary to pursue a career as an SAP Associate Consultant. At the conclusion of the program, SAP TDI will work closely with YPP graduates to expose them to a variety of SAP consulting possibilities with SAP customers and partners.
SAP began in 1972 as a group of five colleagues who wanted to try something different. Together, they revolutionized corporate software and business. To this day, SAP remains an industry leader in business application software. SAP promotes entrepreneurship, innovation, and long-term connections with workers.
Application deadline: Varying
Benefits of SAP Africa Young Professionals Program
An SAP Consultant’s job may be classified into two categories: functional and technical. This curriculum will prepare individuals to become Functional Consultants within SAP SuccessFactors: Employee Central and SAP Ariba Procurement. SAP Functional Consultants assist clients in understanding their business needs and translating them into comprehensive technological solutions.
Furthermore, the training program ensures that you:
- Start your journey to become an SAP Consultant;
- Gain globally-recognised associate-level SAP Certifications;
- Learn directly from SAP experts;
- Experience classroom and workshop-based training in SAP Technologies;
- Develop the soft skills needed to prepare you for successful job applications;
- Benefit from introductions to job opportunities within the SAP Ecosystem to help secure a position after the training. Please note this program does not guarantee you a job at the end of it.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud is a complete enterprise resource planning system with built-in intelligent technologies, including AI, machine learning, and advanced analytics. It helps companies adopt new business models, manage business change at speed, orchestrate internal and external resources, and use the predictive power of AI. Benefit from tight, native integration between processes, industry depth, and a consistent in-memory data model.
The “SAP Certified Associate – SAP Activate Project Manager” certification exam verifies that the candidate has the knowledge required in the area of SAP project management. This certificate builds on basic consultant skills and experience that is then refined by practical experience during several projects. This exam validates whether SAP-focused project managers have advanced business skills and the ability to apply methodologies and tools.
In order to qualify for the SAP Africa Young Professionals Program, Africans interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must have the legal right to work in South Africa.
- Candidates must be currently unemployed or employed in a part-time/non-permanent role not related to career aspirations;
- Candidates must be educated to at least Bachelor level in a field related to Business Administration/ Management Information Systems / Engineering OR Information Technology / Data Science / Computer Science.
- Candidates will preferably have graduated within the last 3 years with a GPA in the top quartile – proof of this may be requested.
- Candidates must have a keen interest in starting an SAP-related career involving travel;
- Candidates should be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
However, do note that due to the spread of Coronavirus this training will take place online in a virtual live classroom format. The company emphasizes that candidates must have a strong internet connection at home to participate in this program.
How to Apply
Lastly, the SAP requires that candidates share an English version of their resume when applying for this program.
The program will commence towards the middle of November 2021 and full-time availability from 9 am – 6 pm from Monday – Friday throughout the training period is essential. The Program will last for 3 months.
Further information can be found on the official scholarship website.