The PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women is a program that assists females in achieving their goals to pursue graduate studies in Canada and the US. If this sounds like an opportunity you would not want to miss, then check out the details below!
Application deadline: December 15, 2021
Table of contents
Benefits of the PEO International Peace Scholarships
PEO members think that education is critical to global peace and understanding. The scholarship is awarded based on demonstrable financial need, although it is not designed to cover all academic or personal expenditures.
A student can receive up to $12,500 in funding. Individual needs may result in less sums being awarded.
The scholarship is awarded based on financial need, although it is not meant to cover all academic or personal expenditures. The applicant must confirm additional financial resources adequate to pay her expected expenses at the time of application. Personal and family finances, tuition waivers, labor scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants, and other scholarships may be available as additional resources.
In May, the winners will be announced. The PEO International scholarship will be split into two payments, one in August and the other in December.
Eligibility Criteria for Women
In order to qualify for a PEO International Peace Scholarship, interested applicants must first meet the following criteria:
- An candidate must be eligible for full-time graduate study at an authorized institution or university in the United States or Canada and be studying toward a graduate degree.
- A student who is a U.S. or Canadian citizen or permanent resident is not eligible.
- Research, internships, and practical training are not eligible for scholarships unless they are integrated with courses. Awards should not be used to settle old debts.
- To be eligible for her first scholarship, a candidate must have completed a full year of study, be enrolled, and reside in the United States for the whole school year.
- First-time applicants must be doctoral students who have finished coursework and are only working on dissertations.
How to Apply for Graduate Studies in Canada and the US
You may start the application process by viewing and accomplishing the online eligibility form. Also, please take note of the following submission details:
- March 1, 2022: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended.
- April 1, 2022: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended. Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College.
Please visit the official PEO website for further details.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.