The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) shall be awarding several bursary opportunities for young undergraduate South Africans looking for financial help.
Fully committed to fulfilling their socio-economic mandate of providing training opportunities as well as financial assistance to community recipients, the CoJ shall open the funding in the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction)
- Local Government Science / Political Science
- Communications / Social Media
- Community Services
- Curatorial Studies
- Emergency Management Services
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Environmental Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Small Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Treasury, Economics)
- Quality Assurance
- Public Management
- Geo Information Science (GIS)
- Quantity Surveying Health (Nursing)
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property Valuation)
- Information Technology
- Sports Science
- International Relations and Protocol
- Town and Regional Planning
Application deadline: November 5, 2021
Benefits of the CoJ Bursary
The CoJ Bursaries extend beyond undergraduate South Africans, with their several varied schemes launched annually. For this particular opportunity, the City of Johannesburg is focused on South African youth who are permanently residing in Johannesburg.
Through this scheme, underprivileged South Africans are given the chance to pursue studies at established tertiary institutions within South Africa.
Tuition and registration fees shall be covered as well as prescribed books and/or study material. Overall, the budget allotted for each academic year is R 35,000.
Eligibility Criteria for South Africans
Please note the following conditions and criteria in order to be considered upon application:
- The selection of candidates for the City of Johannesburg Bursary shall be strictly based on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programs of no less than one year.
- The said opportunity is also renewable annually, based on the candidate’s academic performance and results.
- Lastly, the CoJ Bursary is not applicable for postgraduate qualifications.
How to Apply
Applications for the City of Johannesburg Bursary must be sent online.
Please be ready to submit clear copies of the following supporting documents compulsory for the application process. Incomplete document submission might be disqualified.
- ID Document (certified copy)
- Current Matric students: Matric result (certified copy)
- Students who have completed Matric and are not studying yet: Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Students who have completed Matric and are studying: full academic results / transcript, including most recent results (on institution’s letterhead)
- Proof of residence in Johannesburg (rates account/ utility bill)
- Parents or guardian’s proof of income (latest payslips if employed / affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased)
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.