Beginning in Fall 2019, participating colleges and universities will each offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50% tuition to selected international undergraduates dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides. Applicants will answer a short essay question or present a multimedia project about their ideas for advancing intercultural learning and understanding on their future campuses.
The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship recognizes international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. The scholarship is open to students of all academic majors and fields of study. Students should submit this scholarship application to each participating college or university to which they are applying.
- First-year international applicants of any major to a participating college or university. International applicants are individuals who hold citizenship in a country outside the U.S. and who don’t also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Graduation from or attendance at a secondary school outside the U.S.
- Demonstrated interest and initiative in promoting intercultural learning and exchange.
- Applicants who meet the admission criteria and adhere to the deadlines at each selected college or university. Details will vary from school to school.
- Completion of a scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video* describing their aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.*Some participating colleges and universities will only accept essays. Check with individual schools for details.
Apply: Students should complete a #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship application for each selected institution by December 15th 2018* and an essay or multimedia submission explaining how they would like to conduct projects, research, or experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
Confirm: If awarded the scholarship, students should secure their award by submitting a tuition deposit at their chosen college or university by May 1st 2019.
*Some participating colleges and universities offer extended application deadlines. Check with individual schools for details.
Ready to Get Started?
Apply for admission at the participating university or college(s) of your choice. Then complete the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship application and submit it directly to the participating university or college(s) of your choice. Follow the links above for detailed information about the scholarship process at each school.
COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVES
The deadline for institutions to join the Fall 2019 scholarship has passed. The sign-up form for the Fall 2020 scholarship will be available in May 2019.
For more information, watch a recording of the YAWH scholarship webinar which was held on Thursday, June 21st at 4pm EDT.