The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has kicked off its eTrade for Women Masterclass initiative to help women entrepreneurs in East Africa and developing countries build the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the digital economy.
Application deadline: August 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm
Table of contents
eTrade Masterclass Benefits
The masterclass, which will be held online from August 31 – September 2, will be divided into several sessions. In turn, the classes shall be delivered by renowned business leaders and experts in their ﬁelds.
It will combine:
- Inspirational talks
- Learning sessions
- Policy dialogues
- Networking opportunities
UNCTAD eTrade for Women Masterclass Details
UNCTAD’s eTrade for Women Masterclass is a unique empowerment event for women digital entrepreneurs. These classes share one objective: to help women in East Africa reach the next step.
With the theme: “Unlocking the power of digital entrepreneurship in uncertain times”, the United Nations’ eTrade for Women Masterclass hopes to help female entrepreneurs:
- deep dive into industry trends
- identify business solutions to reach the next milestone
- create a vibrant community of peers who are shaping their digital ecosystems
- learn to lead and impact their respective teams
- get inspired by influential leaders and women advocates
Eligibility Criteria for Women
In order to apply to the UNCTAD Masterclass, interested East African women need to meet the following requirements:
- They must be a woman and the founder/co-founder of their business.
- Female entrepreneurs must also have a track record of 2 to 5 years in this role.
- New technologies and digital tools are at the heart of the applicants’ business model and operations.
- Participants should be based in one of the following countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- Lastly, the interested parties must want to make a difference and impact their ecosystem.
How to Apply
The UNCTAD eTrade for Women Masterclass is open to everyone who meets the eligibility criteria. To kickstart the application process, APPLY HERE.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.