MEST Express is a startup acceleration program in Ghana that helps early-stage and growth-stage companies prepare for financing. It’s made to give hands-on business interventions with a focus on quick implementation and measurable business outcomes. The program works with entrepreneurs to ensure that their firms are ready for development and impact.
Application deadline: January 16, 2022
Benefits of the MEST Express Acceleration Program
After 20 weeks of hands-on expert-led workshops and mentorship, startups in each cohort have the opportunity to participate in a pitching session where top-performing ventures receive equity-free grant funding.
The sessions will be held in person at the MEST campus as well as online. Participants are expected to attend all necessary sessions whether virtual or in real life. COIVD protocols will be strictly adhered to for the safety of all program participants.
The following program focus areas will be tackled:
- Funding & Investment readiness
- Risk Management and Crisis Resilience
- Product Management & Positioning
- Business and Revenue Modelling
- Sales & Customer Acquisition
- Market Research & Competitive Analysis
- Marketing & Brand awareness
- Organizational Structuring
Eligibility Criteria for Ghanaian Entrepreneurs
In order to qualify for the opportunity, Ghanaian start-up entrepreneurs must first meet the following requirements. The businesses supported by MEST Express Acceleration Program include the following:
- Early to growth stage Ghanaian startups
- 1-3 years in operation
- Technology or tech-enabled
- $100k or less in funding
- Proven problem-solution fit
- Generating revenue
- Can demonstrate traction
- Any business model
A Startup’s Journey
· Week 0 – Onboarding & Orientation
· Week 1 – Needs Assessment
· Week 2 to 4 – Ongoing workshops
· Week 5 – Mentor Matching
· Week 6 to 9 – Ongoing workshops
· Week 10 – Midpoint debriefs
· Week 11 to 19 – Ongoing workshops
· Week 20 – Retrospective & Final Exhibition
How to Apply for Start-ups
In order to join the MEST Express Acceleration Program, interested Ghanaian entrepreneurs are invited to visit the official scholarship website found here.
brought to you by Scholarships for Africans
Scholarships for Africans is a premier scholarship information blog committed to bringing more opportunities for Africans globally. They are part of the African Scholar Initiative, powered by Scholarship Hippo.
Be a part of our growing community!
JOIN: Scholarships for Africans Facebook group
LIKE: African Scholar Initiative Facebook page
FOLLOW: Scholarships for Africans Instagram page
One thought on “MEST Express Acceleration Program for Ghanaian Start-up Entrepreneurs”
[…] Source link […]