The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships
The prestigious London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) recently announced three Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships for the 2019/20 school year.
The scholarships are funded by Standard Bank of South Africa PLC to support academically gifted students who demonstrate financial need.
The scholarships are awarded to students accepted into one of the following programs:
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Finance (full-time)
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
Applicants from African countries with a Standard Bank presence will be considered, with preference given to residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan
Each successful applicant will be awarded £40,000 towards tuition and living expenses.
To apply for the LSE scholarships awarded for the school year starting in September of 2019:
- Submit your application for the program you are interested in pursuing (See how to apply for graduate courses here)
- Submit a Graduate Financial Support Application Form via the Graduate application tracker
Recievean acceptance letter (conditional or unconditional
The deadline for completion of these three steps is 5 pm (UK Time) April 26, 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by email by the end of