More than 125,000 college scholarships are awarded to athletes every year. While 1% of these scholarships go to superstars, the majority – the remaining 99% — go to athletes who are good, but not great. Follow these tips and you can cash in on more than $376 million in athletic scholarships available to men and women every year.
Many students in Africa dream of attending a U.S. college. Too often, when they find out how expensive it can be, they abandon their dream. Don’t be discouraged! It’s true that students from wealthy families may spend a lot of money earning a degree in the U.S. But, it’s also possible to get a quality education for a lot less. Be sure to check out “Paying for Your U.S. Education” for ideas on how to finance for your U.S. college education.
There are many ways to pay for your U.S. college education, including scholarships and financial aid. You will often encounter the words “scholarship” and “financial aid” used interchangeably. What’s the difference? Technically, a scholarship is a competition with a prize of money for education, while financial aid is given to students with the greatest need.
Once you’ve been accepted by a U.S. college, you still need to secure a student visa in order to legally enter the country. While this isn’t usually difficult, it can be a long, drawn-out process. The best way to speed up the process is to make sure that you have all the required documents.
#YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship Participating Schools for 2019 Cohort